Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Problem - Dry Skin and Foundation

On Sunday I participated in my first ever #bbloggers chat n Twitter. I have to say I really enjoyed it and found some great new blogs to read. The topic of the chat was favourite foundations and whilst reading all the tweets I noticed that one of the most popular comments was people asking how to deal with foundation and dry skin patches. This is something I struggle with so I thought I would share how I have been dealing with it myself as there is nothing more annoying that little orange patches on your face. These are the products I have been using.

This exfoliator by Simple Skincare is proving to be a great find - I found it in my bedroom, must have bought it ages ago and forgotten. I have been using it in the shower every morning. Just get a small amount in your hands, add some water and massage into your face, focusing on the dry patches. I have been using mine for about a week and a half now and have already noticed a massive improvement.


These skincare products are available from Sally's. Made up of cleanser, toner and moisturiser, they are great from cleaning the skin and keeping it hydrated. Obviously moisturising is very important if you have dry skin. Of course the brand doesn't really matter, you have to find one that works for you and match your skin type, these are just an example of the ones I have.



Before applying your foundation you could try using a primer to help stop it going patchy. I have Illamasqua's Primers and love them. They come in Matt and Satin. So whichever one you get depends on how you like your makeup. Satin gives a bit of a dewy look to the make up. I tend to use the matt more on myself as I prefer it on me, but if I am doing a photo shoot I use the satin. 

Hope some of these ideas help. Do you have any other tips for dry skin? 

1 comment:

  1. Hey !
    I like your posts and blog ! This is my first visit here but definitely not the last :) Check out my blog if you have a free minute :)Would you like to follow each other?Just let me know please,so that I can follow back.Keep on postingxx
    Wish you a nice week!
    VIEWRAMA

    my
    fashion blog


    Chicnova Giveaway on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete